You will be thrilled to know that the Festival of Trees will be live and better than ever this year! We will be opening the doors for 4 days with all the fun and excitement of the Festival that you love and look forward to!
The Restriction Exemptions Program is in place for all Festival of Trees, including general admission, and all the events (Gala, Mistletoe Mixer, Holiday Barn Burner, Teddy Bear Breakfast and Seniors’ Luncheon).
According to Alberta Government (Sept. 17, 2021):
- To enter spaces participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program, people aged 12 and older can show proof of double vaccination, documentation of a medical exemption or a negative test result.
- More information https://www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx
All your favourites are back at the Festival! Candy Shop, Teddy Bear Hospital, Letters to Santa, Santa’s Secret Shop and the Craft Shop will be open for shopping. Just like last year, all Secret Shop items will also be available online for curbside pickup!
New this year is Gingy’s Gaming Room! Focused on gaming for people of all ages, you’ll find the gaming hall might be your new Festival favourite!
Seniors Luncheon – November 26 from 11:00am -12:15 pm or 12:15 pm – 1:30 pm
Mistletoe Mixer – November 26 – 7:30 pm -11:00 pm
Holiday Barn Burner – November 27 – 7:30 pm -11:00 pm
Teddy Bear Breakfast – November 29 – 9:30 am – 12:00 am
Many of the Festival’s amazing volunteer designers are already busy making Creations, Trees, Gingerbread Houses, Mini Trees, Art and more. These items will all be on display at the Festival of Trees as well as on our Festival of Trees auction site. That is right, like last year, we will have a photo of each auction item up for viewing and bidding on our website for all 3 days of the Festival, for maximum exposure.
There is nothing like the feeling of doing something for the greater good, all the while helping your hospitals! If you love the Festival as much as we do, join us!
- Volunteers are the heartbeat of our Festival! Please consider giving your time to work a few shifts throughout set up, take down or in the area of your choice. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Become a sponsor!
- Learn more about sponsorship opportunities here.
- Contact Chantale at email@example.com for more information or to secure your sponsorship.
Get the word out!
- Share our social media posts.
- Let your friends and family know the Festival is back!
Virtual Festival of Trees
“Maintaining the safety of our attendees, volunteers, sponsors and staff is our top priority,” says Executive Director Keith Curtis. “We are in constant communication with AHS officials and continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 protocols and will adapt accordingly.”
“We know keeping the Festival tradition of launching the Holiday Season is as important to our community as it is to the Foundation,” continued Curtis. “Just like last year, you can visit the Festival virtually by purchasing a pair of Foundation virtual reality goggles, sponsored by Keddie’s (together with your mobile phone or iPod). This allows you to experience a 360-degree tour of the Festival from the comfort of your home! Goggles are only $10.” he added. The tour will be available once the Festival opens. After your tour, you can use the same goggles with Google Expeditions and tour many locations around the world. Purchase your pair here.