Get Creative with Fundraising
Fundraising is a fun and rewarding way to do something you enjoy and connect you with others for a meaningful cause.
Maybe you will start up a walk/run/bike ride to support a special patient-care program at your hospital like the Whiterose or Therapeutic Clown programs. For example, Linley, you are raising funds by shaving your head in support of the Grande Prairie Cancer Centre
“…it felt amazing [holding the head-shaving fundraiser] knowing that I’m doing something good for my community and helping people in need that I don’t even know, I would gladly do it again over and over again!” – Linley, Grande Prairie, AB
Your fundraiser doesn’t just have to be a traditional event, instead, you do something unique such as creating a page and drive your friends/co-workers/sports teammates to it for donations with an email blast and social media posts. Check out more suggestions below for fun ways to fundraise.
Ideas for Virtual Events
- Virtual Book Club: Pick a book and host a weekly video chat while raising funds for a good cause!
- Virtual Workshop: Host a video workshop and ask your friends/followers to donate to join in!
- Virtual Dance Party: Pick an upbeat playlist, host a video room and invite friends to donate before shaking it out with you!
- Virtual Games Night: Host trivia or other online games and ask participants to donate.
Ideas for In-person Events
- Get active! Run, hike, walk or dance your way to donations.
- Create a friendly competition! Host a sports tournament, cookoff, or karaoke night.
- Party with a purpose! Collect donations by organizing a cocktail reception, fashion show, or dance party, quiz night, pub fundraiser.
- Run a community workshop or seminar.
Fundraising Tool Kit
Download yours today and get your best start -we look forward to working with you as you support your hospitals. Need more help? Call us at: 780-538-7583.
The Foundation is often looking for volunteers to assist at community events, Foundation events and to help with patient-care programs like the Born to Read program. You might know about our annual Festival of Trees – each September, we start looking for volunteers to bring the magic to life! Sign up for the Festival of Trees HERE